Web Design Portfolio
Joanne Archambault, PhD, asked me to set up her new website for her new business venture, Orthopedic Publications. Joanne is helping orthopedic/orthophaedic, trauma, and sports medicine surgeons publish in top orthope(a)dic and sports medicine journals. The website needed to be ready by a certain date, before a conference Joanne wanted to attend.
- Client: Joanne Archambault, PhD, Orthopedic Publications
- Features: Brand-new website with two URLs, in British and American spelling, respectively pointing to one site.
- Completed: June 2023
Ted Performance Mindset Coaching
Ted Performance LLC offers mental performance training and mindset coaching for individuals and teams. As you can see from the before pictures, although Ted’s website featured a great color scheme, the design was somewhat cluttered. The site had apparently also been hacked. I wiped the site clean, starting with a fresh WordPress database, but saving his graphics and text. I then redesigned the entire layout for easier navigation both on desktop and mobile devices. Finally, I installed security and backup plugins to avoid future cybersecurity incidents.
- Client: Ted Performance LLC
- Features: Security features to avoid cybersecurity breaches, clean redesign for easy navigation on desktops and mobile devices.
- Completed: March 2023
Northern California Translators Association
I have been on the Board of Directors of the Northern California Translators Association (NCTA) as webmaster since 2017. In this capacity, I am not only responsible for maintaining the website and the accompanying online journal, Translorial, but also the entire membership database and all membership profiles, which are also housed within WordPress.
In 2022, I gave the site a much-needed facelift and am currently working on improving the membership database itself. For the new design, I used the existing NCTA color scheme which was developed by an earlier Board of Directors in the mid-2000s.
- Client: Northern California Translators Association (as webmaster volunteer on Board of Directors)
- Features: Membership database and profiles, search functionality for profiles, members-only pages behind login, membership administration, events calendar, event RSVP and event tickets
- Completed: 2022
CFB Scientific Translations LLC
I redesigned the website for my translation business, CFB Scientific Translations LLC, in 2021 based on a responsive WordPress design. The site is available in two languages, with a language switcher facilitated by the plug-in Polylang. The site features a web shop based on WooCommerce, where people can order fixed-price translations of official documents instantly and pay via any credit or debit card facilitated by Stripe. Finally, it features a bilingual blog.
- Client: Self/CFB Scientific Translations LLC
- Features: Bilingual English and German with language switcher based on Polylang, WooCommerce web shop including Stripe gateway, bilingual blog
- Completed: 2021
Thank you thank you thank you! Definitely want to tweak verbiage and probably some of the photos eventually. But I really like the look and feel much better than before. I love how you added your creative genius to it. Thanks Carola!
Wow! The website looks great, and the membership renewal process is so smooth now!
You rock!! I can attest to all the magnificent work Carola has done for NCTA throughout the years. She’s a webmaster extraordinaire.